It is electronic ticket and customer is required
to carry the printout of the ticket along with a photo identity proof.
PNR (Passenger Name Record) Number:
PNR is the complete
passenger record in the computer reservation system. PNR number uniquely identifies
the passenger record.
RAC (Reservation against cancellation):
RAC means you
can get a place to sit, but not the complete seat to lie down, because you will
be sharing the berth. You are in the queue, and if someone cancels, you will get
the complete berth.
WL (Waitlist) :
Waiting list is basically the status when
all tickets for a particular train are full. You can however still buy the tickets
even though you don't have a confirmed seat. If somebody cancels their ticket, you
move up in the wait listing queue. You can check the status of the current position
in the wait listing queue using your ticket's PNR number in any railway station
or online. But if your ticket status is W/L till the date of the travel then you
will not travelled with waitlist ticket and your ticket is auto cancelled and amount
will be refunded in your account.
Tatkal can be booked for selected trains one day
in advance up to chart preparation. e-tickets can be booked on the opening day from
8.00 am onwards.
When the maximum wait list number defined for
a train is reached for a particular day's journey, the reservation system refuses
to accept any more requests for that day. In such cases, this is shown as 'REGRET'
in the reservation status, or No More Booking Permitted.
TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt):
- 1A: First class Air-Conditioned & Executive class
- 2A: AC 2-tier sleeper
- FC: First class (Air conditioned)
- 3A: 3rd AC or AC 3 Tier
- 3E: AC 3 Economic
- CC: AC chair Car- CC
- SL: Sleeper Class non AC 3 tier
- 2S: Second Sitting or non AC chair car
If the customer was not
able to perform the journey due to any reason, then a TDR needs to be filed for
refund. TDR should be filed if:
- Train Cancelled by railways by and passenger not travelled
- Train running late by more than 3 hours
- Difference of fare in case proper coach not attached
- AC Failure
- Travelled without proper id proof
- Wrongly charged by TTE
- Passenger not travelled
- TDR should be filed within 30 days of Departure of Train.
- The refund process will take at-least 90 days and more
- E-ticket refund request (after chart preparation) can be filed online.